Caring for Icelandic Sheepskin Rugs & Pillows
Our Eco-Friendly Icelandic Sheepskin Rugs and Pillows
can last for many years if properly cared for. Let these luxurious sheepskin home accessories
bring you comfort and refinement for as long as possible by following these simple care guidelines.
First, the big no-nos:
- Never dry clean or machine wash
- Don’t put in dryers or expose to heat sources
- Refrain from using harsh cleaners
Now, for the proper way to clean them:
We recommend Eucalan Wool Wash for spot cleaning your pelts. Eucalan is a safe, no-rinse liquid wool wash that offers a non-toxic alternative to dry cleaning, and will not dry or damage your pelts when used according to the following directions:
By adhering to these simple cleaning and care guidelines, you’ll be able to enjoy your luxurious Icelandic Sheepskin Rugs and Pillows for years to come.
- Dilute a small amount of Eucalan in a small amount of cool water – do not use hot water on your pelts.
- Use the foam and suds to clean your pelt.
- Using a clean, lint-free cloth with a small amount of Eucalan foam on it, dab or gently wipe a small area of the pelt.
- Dab or gently wipe with clear, clean, cool water.
- Lay pelts flat and allow to air dry, away from heat or sunlight.
- Gently brush or fluff with a soft hairbrush when completely dry.
General Sheepskin Cleaning & Care Instructions >
Shop Icelantic Sheepskin Rugs & Pillows
Back to top